Bok Choy (Pechay or Chinese Cabbage) is one of the 3 most nutrient-dense vegetable; eating this is one of the ways how to prevent cancer, as written by Dr. Axe’s website. It has nine health benefits, viz:
1. Helps Treat and Prevents Cancer
2. Provides Antioxidant Power
3. Reduces Inflammation
4. Promotes Eye Health
5. Strengthens Bones
6. Lowers Blood Pressure and Promotes Heart Health
7. Aids in Healthy Skin and Hair
8. Boosts the Immune System
9. Assists in a Healthy Pregnancy
This article has the full details.
Earlier, I wrote about Bahay Pag-Asa (House of Hope) and their organic gardening project, which, among others, uses organic fertilizer. Bahay Pag-Asa is a corrective and transformational facility exclusively for convicted youth offenders of Bacolod City and Negros Occidental of the Philippines.
On May 12, 2017 (Friday), fresh, clean, organic, and natural foods bok choy (pechay or Chinese cabbage) will be harvested and are ready for sale at PhP 40/kg. Only 15 kilos are available. You may reserve at the “Comment Section” below. There’s free delivery around La Salle area; otherwise, you may pick them up the University of St. La Salle (USLS) guard house Gate 2 along La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City (in front of Bob’s Courtyard). Please look for Mylene Pura (0939 543 0182). Kindly pay to her directly. We’d appreciate your support!
What are the ways we could enjoy this healthy organic bok choy? I researched the internet, and found many ideas. I chose 10 ideas which I think are easy and enjoyable. Please click the links to open the recipes. Full credits on text and pictures to websites listed here. Here goes:
- Pochero (The Philippines)
- Sichuan Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry (China)
- Bok Choy Namul (Korea)
- Coconut Soup with Bok Choy and Mushroom (Thailand)
- Oven-roasted Baby Bok Choy (Hong Kong)
- Sheet-pan Teriyaki Salmon and Baby Bok Choy (Japan)
- Slow-cooker Chicken with Bok Choy (Vietnam)
- One pan Noodles (Singapore)
- Oven-roasted Tilapia, Bok Choy and Mushroom (USA)
- Apple Bok Choy Salad (Canada)
I hope you enjoy the recipes here, while enjoying the full health benefits of organic and natural foods bok choy. Hopefully, you’d also order from Bahay Pag-Asa! 😉
P.S. – In case you’re looking for a good property in Bacolod City of the Philippines, please check out the beautiful Megaworld Forbes Hill. These are lots for sale by owner. Thank you.